The following resources are provided for your convenience. Please contact the organizations listed below directly for more information.
Local Eugene Resources:
Senior & Disabled Services
Senior & Disabled Services (S&DS) is the Area Agency on Aging and Disability Services for Lane County, Oregon. In this role, the agency is responsible for planning and administering programs and services for older people and people with disabilities. Services are financed by contributions from participants, donations from individuals and groups, grants, and by local, state, and federal government funds.
Information and Referral may be reached weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to Noon and
from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
(541) 682-4038 or 1-800-441-4038 (toll-free to callers outside the Eugene-Springfield calling area), or TTY: (541) 682-4567.
Staff can also answer your questions in person weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to Noon and
1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Visit any of our office locations for in-person service.
Email at [email protected]
Team Assistance from diagnosis through rehab and recovery:
Donna Courtney, RN, CCM
Patient Care Advisors
In home care:
New Horizons In Home Care
Serving all of Lane County
What does care cost on a yearly basis? Click on this link to find the cost of care in your area:
Oregon Home Care Commission
Oregon’s Home Care Commission (OHCC) was created to ensure the quality of in-home care services. This is to be accomplished by:
- Establishing Minimum Qualifications for homecare workers (HCWs)
- Providing training opportunities for HCWs and for seniors and individuals with physical disabilities who employ HCWs
- Establishing and maintaining a registry of qualified HCWs to provide routine, emergency and respite referrals to individuals who employ HCWs
The OHCC Registry and Referral System (RRS) was developed in partnership with the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), Local 503, and the State of Oregon, Department of Human Services (DHS), through the Seniors and People with Disabilities (SPD) division.
It is a web-based system that provides:
- Employers, their representatives, and SPD and Area Agency on Aging and Disability (AAAD) staff with access to qualified HCWs
- A list matching employers with qualified HCWs
- Emergency and respite referrals
- 24-hour access
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
676 Church St,
Salem, OR 97301
877-867-0077 option 1